The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the gold mining company Kirkland Lake Gold (KL). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort their Top 100 Stocks list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend spotter signaled a buy on 11/30 the stock gained 59.10%.
Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. engages in the provision of mining and mineral exploration. It focuses on gold assets primarily in Macassa Mine Complex, the Taylor Mine located in northeastern Ontario and the Fosterville Gold Mine located in the state of Victoria, Australia. Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. is headquartered in Toronto, Canada.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 159.30+ Weighted Alpha
- 144.89% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 27.40% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 81.08%
- Technical support level at 32.55
- Recently traded at 33.13 with a 50 day moving average of 25.86
- Market Cap $6.79 billion
- P/E 27.50
- Dividend yield .37%
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy, 1 buy and 2 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 6 to 1 that the stock will beat the market
- 6,408 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha