The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the REIT Mid-America Apartment Communities (MAA). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New All-Time High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 8/9 the stock gained 5.87%.
Mid-America Apartment Communities, Inc. is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that focuses on the acquisition, selective development, redevelopment and management of multifamily homes throughout the Southeastern and Southwestern regions of the United States. MAA employs a portfolio strategy focused on high-growth, large and secondary markets to capture superior risk-adjusted performance over full market cycles. This strategy combined with disciplined capital deployment, balance sheet strength, technologically driven operating platform and experienced team of real estate professionals has allowed MAA to deliver consistent and superior long-term investment returns for shareholders.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 36.50+ Weighted Alpha
- 32.85% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 10 new highs and up 2.47% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 66.67%
- Technical support level at 130.00
- Recently traded at 131.04 with a 50 day moving average of 125.86
- Market Cap $14.89 billion
- P/E 20.96
- Dividend yield 2.94%
- Revenue expected to grow 3.90% this year and another 3.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 15.00% this year, an additional 8.10% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 7.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 strong buy, 7 buy and 7 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors who are following the stock on Motley Fool voted 60 to 25 that the stock will beat the market
- 4,720 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha