The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the financial services company MoneyGram International (MGI). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tools to find the stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 6/19 the stock gained 100.68%.
MoneyGram International, Inc. is a leading global payment services company and S&P MidCap company. The company's major products and services include global money transfers, money orders and payment processing solutions for financial institutions and retail customers.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 91.40+ Weighted Alpha
- 3.43% loss in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 80.92% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 81.06%
- Technical support level at 5.34
- Recently traded at 5.88 with a 50 day moving average of 3.24
- Market Cap $379 million
- P/E 24.61
- Revenue expected to grow 2.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 81.20% next year
- Wall Street analyst issued 5 hold recommendations
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 186 to 38 that the stock will beat the market
- 5,079 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha
Disclosure: I am/we are long MGI.