The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the financial services company PennyMac Financial Services (PFSI). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/3 the stock gained 34.41%.
PennyMac Financial Services, Inc. provides financial services primarily in the United States. The Company conducts its business in two segments: mortgage banking and investment management. Mortgage banking segment offers correspondent and retail lending businesses and loan servicing business. Investment management segment offers investment advisory and investment management services. PennyMac Financial Services, Inc. is headquartered in Moorpark, California.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 59.10+ Weighted Alpha
- 41.42% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 15.56% in the last moth
- Relative Strength Index 87.36%
- Technical support level at 30.35
- Recently traded at 30.90 with a 50 day moving average of 25.75
- Market Cap $2.43 billion
- P/E 11.46
- Revenue expected to grow 24.20% this year and another 7.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 38.20% this year, an additional 8.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 17.10% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 buy, 4 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 5 to 0 that the stock will beat the market
- 954 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha