The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the natural gas company WEC Energy(WEC) . I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New All-Time High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 8/6 the stock gained 5.97%.
WEC Energy Group is the natural gas distribution company. WEC Energy Group, Inc., formerly known as Wisconsin Energy Corporation, is based in Milwaukee, United States.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 42.00+ Weighted Alpha
- 38.54% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 7.95% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 74.52%
- Technical support level at 92.45
- Recently traded at 93.14 with a 50 day moving average of 86.73
- Market Cap $29.38 billion
- P/E 26.80
- Dividend yield 2.53%
- Revenue expected to grow 2.70% this year and 3.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 5.40% this year, an additional 6.30% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 5.91% for th next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 1 buy, 9 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 165 to 11 that the stock will beat the market
- 13,546 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha