The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs nutrition bar company Simply Good Foods (SMPL). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the highest Weighted Alpha, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 6/6 the stock gained 16.81%.
The Simply Good Foods Company product portfolio consists primarily of nutrition bars, ready-to-drink shakes, snacks and confectionery products marketed under the Atkins(R), SimplyProtein(R), Atkins Endulge(R) and Atkins Harvest Trail brand names. The Simply Good Foods Company is based in Denver, United States.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 80.40+ Weighted Alpha
- 77.74% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 8 new highs and up 24.07% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.80%
- Technical support level at 24.56
- Recently traded at 26.75 with a 50 day moving average of 22.93
- Market Cap $2.08 billion
- P/E 42.90
- Revenue expected to grow 16.40% this year and another 6.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 11.10% next year and compound at an annual rate of 12.66% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy, 1 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 4 to 1 that the stock will beat the market
- 563 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha