The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the insurance and financial company American International Group (AIG). I found the sotck by using Barchart to sort the S&P 100 Index stocks first by the highest technical buy signals, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/4 the stock gained 13.41%.
American International Group, Inc., world leaders in insurance and financial services, is the leading international insurance organization with operations in more than one hundred thirty countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional and individual customers through the most extensive worldwide property-casualty and life insurance networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of retirement services, financial services and asset management around the world.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 2.96+ Weighted Alpha
- 5.03% loss in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 7 new highs and up 12.32% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 77.18%
- Technical support level at 46.47
- Recently traded at 50.34 with a 50 day moving average of 44.60
- Market Cap $40.97 billion
- P/E 42.06
- Dividend yield 2.96%
- Revenue expected to grow 3.00% this year and another .50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 272.60% this year, an additional 14.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 49.77% for the next 6 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 7 strong buy, 1 buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 2,717 to 560 that the stock will beat the market
- 68,167 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha