The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the for profit VoTech company Universal Technical Institute (UTI). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New 52 Week High list first by the most frequent number of new hihgs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/21 the stock gained 37.24%.
Universal Technical Institute, Inc. provides technical education training in automotive, diesel, collision repair and refinishing, motorcycle, marine and personal watercraft technologies.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 58.10+ Weighted Alpha
- 52.59% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 25.57% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 71.26%
- Technical support level at 3.77
- Recently traded at 3.89 with a 50 day moving average of 3.04
- Market Cap $99 million
- Revenue expected to grow 2.70% this year and another 8.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 57.00% this year, an additional 92.30% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 2670% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts have 1 buy, 1 hold and 1 sell recommendation in place on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 343 to 38 that the stock will beat the market
- 927 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha
Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, but may initiate a long position in UTI over the next 72 hours.