The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to internet commerce giant Alibaba(BABA). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/16 the stock gained 18.94%.
Alibaba Group Holding Limited operates online and mobile marketplaces in retail and wholesale trade, as well as cloud computing and other services. It provides technology and services to enable consumers, merchants, and other participants to conduct commerce in its ecosystem. The Company operates Taobao Marketplace, an online shopping destination; Tmall, a third-party platform for brands and retailers; Juhuasuan, a group buying marketplace; Alibaba.com, an online business-to-business marketplace; 1688.com, an online wholesale marketplace; and AliExpress, a consumer marketplace. Alibaba Group Holding Limited is headquartered in Hangzhou, the People's Republic of China.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% technical buy signals
- 2.55+ Weighted Alpha
- 3.68% loss in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 9.06% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.58%
- Technical support level at 182.93
- Recently traded at 182.09 with a 50 day moving average of 161.47
- Market Cap $476 billion
- P/E 52.01
- Revenue predicted to grow 55.10% this year and another 35.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 15.40% this year, an additional 23.40% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 3.82% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 18 strong buy, 29 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 922 to 61 that the stock will beat the market
- 326,251 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha