The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the Brazilian electric utility CPFL Energia SA (CPL). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New 52 Week Highlist first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/21 the stock gained 7.52%.
CPFL Energia is a holding company that, through its subsidiaries, distributes, commercializes and generates energy in Brazil, standing as the largest private group in the Brazilian electric sector. Its subsidiaries are widely recognized for its excellence and sustainability of their business practices and regarded as benchmarks in management, quality and operating efficiency.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 31.50+ Weighted Alpha
- 33.30% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 14.11% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 69.87%
- Technical support level at 15.27
- Recently traded at 15.45 wiht a 50 day moving average of 14.00
- Market Cap $7.86 billion
- P/E 15.10
- Dividend yield .81%
- Wall Street analyst generally do not make recommendations on foreign companies
- The do however predict earnings will compound annually at the rate of 9.40% for the next 5 years
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 591 to 6 that the stock will beat the market
- 2,704 investors are following the stock on Motley Fool
Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.