The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the biotechnology company Seattle Genetics (SGEN). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top 100 Stocks list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/30 the stock gained 41.47%.
Seattle Genetics is a biotechnology company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative antibody-based therapies for the treatment of cancer. Seattle Genetics is leading the field in developing antibody-drug conjugates (OTCPK:ADCS), a technology designed to harness the targeting ability of antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. The company's lead product, ADCETRIS' (brentuximab vedotin) is an ADC that, in collaboration with Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, is commercially available for two indications in more than 45 countries, including the U.S., Canada, Japan and members of the European Union. Additionally, ADCETRIS is being evaluated broadly in more than 30 ongoing clinical trials. Seattle Genetics is also advancing a robust pipeline of clinical-stage ADC programs, including SGN-CD19A, SGN-CD33A, SGN-LIV1A, SGN-CD70A, ASG-22ME and ASG-15ME.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 123.29+ Weighted Alpha
- 97.38% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 15.07% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.19%
- Technical support level at 119.82
- Recently traded at 120.95 with a 50 day moving average of 98.09
- Market Cap $20.74 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 29.70% this year and another 26.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to be down 12.10% this year but increase again by 50.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 23.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 strong buy, 3 buy and 8 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 455 to 33 that the stock will beat the market
- 16.121 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha