The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the automotive retailer Sonic Automotive (SAH). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top 100 Stocks list first by the highest technical buy signals, then used the Flipchart function to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/23 the stock gained 11.66%.
Sonic Automotive, Inc. is one of the largest automotive retailers in the United States. Included herein are forward-looking statements, including statements with respect to anticipated acquisition activity, disposition activity, earnings per share and expense levels and debt-to-capital levels of Sonic Automotive, Inc. There are many factors that affect management's views about future events and trends of the Company's business. These factors involve risk and uncertainties that could cause actual results or trends to differ materially from management's view, including without limitation, economic conditions, risks associated with acquisitions. The Company does not undertake any obligation to update forward-looking information.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 101.49+ Weighted Alpha
- 101.71% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 5 new highs and up 17.67% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 64.91%
- Technical support level at 33.86
- Recently traded at 34.19 with a 50 day moving average of 30.93
- Market Cap $1.48 billion
- P/E 14.17
- Dividend yield 1.17%
- Revenue expected to grow 4.90% this year and another 6.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 42.90% this year, an additional 11.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of .55% over the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 buy, 4 hold and 2 under perform recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 84 to 53 that the stock will beat the market
- 1,791 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha