The Barchart Chart of the Day goes to HCP (HCP) the REIT formally known as Health Care Property Investors. I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stock to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/24 the stock gained 3.68%.
Health Care Property Investors, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. The company invests in health care related real estate located throughout the United States, including long-term care facilities, congregate care and assisted living facilities, acute care and rehabilitation hospitals, medical office buildings, physician group practice clinics and psychiatric facilities.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 38.63+ Weighted Alpha
- 48.32% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 8.62% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 68.02%
- Technical support level at 36.36
- Recently traded at 36.65 with a 50 day moving average of 34.92
- Market Cap $18 billion
- P/E 20.89
- Dividend yield 4.07%
- Revenue expected to grow 3.30% this year and another 9.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 44.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 2.50% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 9 strong buys, 2 buys and 5 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 366 to 42 that the stock will beat the market
- 31,818 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha