The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the residential builder Meritiage Homes (MTH). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new hihgs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/8 the stock gained 34.92%.
Meritage Homes Corporation is the eighth-largest public home builder in the United States. Meritage Homes builds and sells single-family homes for first-time, move-up, luxury and active adult buyers across the Western, Southern and Southeastern United States. Meritage Homes builds in markets including Sacramento, San Francisco Bay area, southern coastal and Inland Empire markets in California; Houston, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Austin and San Antonio, Texas; Phoenix/Scottsdale, Green Valley and Tucson, Arizona; Denver, Colorado; Orlando, Tampa and south Florida; Raleigh and Charlotte, North Carolina; Greenville-Spartanburg and York County, South Carolina; Nashville, Tennessee; and Atlanta, Georgia. Meritage Homes is the industry leader in energy-efficient home building and has received the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year for Sustained Excellence Award every year for innovation and industry leadership in energy efficient home building.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 112.40+ Weighted Alpha
- 89.09% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 10.36% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 68.22%
- Technical support level at 71.58
- Recently traded at 72.11 with a 50 day moving average of 66.34
- Market Cap $2.76 billion
- P/E 13.90
- Revenue expected to grow .50% this year and another 7.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 15.10% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 5.90% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock
- 2,844 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha