The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the home builder Beazer Homes (BZH). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screener function to find stock with both the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals. I sorted that list by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/10 the stock gained 48.47%.
Beazer Homes USA, Inc. designs, builds and sells single family homes. The company designs homes to appeal primarily to entry-level and first move-up home buyers. Their objective is to provide customers with homes that incorporate quality and value. The company's subsidiary, Beazer Mortgage, originates the mortgages for the company's home buyers.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 88% technical buy signals
- 78.17+ Weighted Alpha
- 48.15% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 Day Moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 24.72% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.04%
- Technical support level at 14.91
- Recently traded at 15.60 with a 50 day moving average of 12.93
- Market Cap $474 million
- P/E 7.92
- Revenue expected to grow 5.30% nest year
- Earnings estimated to increase 173.30% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 4.00% for the next 5 year
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 buy, 3 hold and 1 under perform recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool are not positive and voted 399 to 627 that the stock will not beat the market
- 5,231 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha