The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the insurance company Axis Capital (AXS). I found the stock by sorting Barchart Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/23 the stock gained .02%.
AXIS Capital Holdings Limited is a Bermuda-based global provider of specialty lines insurance and treaty reinsurance.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 20.50+ Weighted Alpha
- 15.51% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 7.82% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 59.62%
- Technical support level at 66.47
- Recently traded at 66.35 with a 50 day moving average of 64.04
- Market Cap $5.60 billion
- P/E 32.66
- Dividend yield 2.40%
- Revenue expected to grow 6.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 173.40% this year, an additional 6.50% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 33.31% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong by, 1 buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock
- The lone investor following the stock on Motley Fool voted for the stock to beat the market
- 2,943 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha