The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the water utility company Consolidated Water (CWCO). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tools to first screen for the stock having the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals, then sorted that list by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month. Lastly, I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation, Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 7/22 the stock gained 14.55%.
Consolidated Water Co. Ltd. intends to develop and operate seawater conversion plants and water distribution systems in areas of the world where naturally-occurring supplies of potable water are scarce or nonexistent. It currently operates a public water utility in certain areas of the Cayman Islands under a 20-year exclusive license from the Government of the Cayman Islands. The company has signed contracts for its first overseas operations in the Commonwealth of the Bahamas.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 34.90+ Weighted Alpha
- 19.35% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 12.76% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 63.53%
- Technical support level at 16.19
- Recently traded at 16.49 with a 50 day moving average of 14.82
- Market Cap $251 million
- 2.03% dividend yield
- Revenue expected to grow 5.10% this year and another .40% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 12.70% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 8.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 264 to 13 that the stock will beat the market
- 4,407 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha