The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the diversified manufacturer NACCO Industries (NC). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top 100 Stocks list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 9/12 the stock gained 11.71%.
NACCO Industries, Inc. is a holding company which owns four principal operating subsidiaries: NACCO Materials Handling Group is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of forklift trucks; Hamilton Beach*Proctor-Silex is one of the largest full-line manufacturer and marketer of small electric kitchen appliances; North American Coal is engaged in the mining and marketing of lignite for use primarily as fuel for power generation; and Kitchen Collection is a specialty retailer of kitchenware, small electric appliances and related accessories.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 78.70+ Weighted Alpha
- 79.66% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 16.78% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 80.46%
- Technical support level at 57.50
- Recently traded at 58.39 with a 50 day moving average of 51.53
- Market Cap $402 billion
- P/E 9.08
- Dividend yield 1.32%
- The stock is not presently followed by Wall Street firms
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 121 to 9 that the stock will beat the market
- 1,275 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha