The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the water utility company York Water (YORW). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New All-Time High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/3 the stock gained 14.42%.
The York Water Company impounds, purifies and distributes water. They are regulated by the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission in the areas of billing, payment procedures, dispute processing, terminations, service territory, and rate setting. They must obtain PPUC approval before changing any of the aforementioned procedures.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 51.00+ Weighted Alpha
- 45.94% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 20.05% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 82.85%
- Technical support level at 42.68
- Recently traded at 43.71 with a 50 day moving average of 37.76
- Market Cap $553 million
- P/E 38.88
- Dividend yield 1.63%
- Revenue expected to grow 7.40% this year and another 3.80% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase 7.70% this year, an additional 4.50% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 4.90% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 84 to 5 that the stock will beat the market
- 2,272 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha