The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the home builder KB Home (KBH). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 8/13 the stock gained 18.38%.
KB Home constructs and sells a variety of new homes designed primarily for first-time, move-up and active adult homebuyers, including attached and detached single-family residential homes, townhomes and condominiums. They offer homes in development communities, at urban in-fill locations and as part of mixed-use projects. Their homebuilding operations represent most of their business. Their financial services operations offer certain insurance products to their homebuyers and title services in certain markets.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 49.77+ Weighted Alpha
- 27.44% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 14.74% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 77.19%
- Technical support level at 31.20
- Recently traded at 32.20 with a 50 day moving average of 28.06
- Market Cap $2.77 billion
- P/E 11.93
- Dividend yield 1.15%
- Revenue expected to grow 9.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 32.20% this year, an additional 14.00% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 6.60% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 8 strong buy, 1 buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 589 to 627 that the stock will not beat the market
- 12,204 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha