The Barchart Chart of the Day is the trucking company Saia (SAIA). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tools to find the stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha and highest technical buy signals. I sorted that list by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend spotter signaled a buy on 7/12 the stock gained 43.95%.
Saia Inc., is a leading multi-regional less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier. It is a leading transportation company that provides a variety of trucking transportation and supply chain solutions to a broad range of industries, including the retail, petrochemical and manufacturing industries. Saia Inc., serves a wide variety of customers by offering regional, interregional and national LTL services and selected TL services across the United States. It offers customers a wide range of less-than-truckload, non-asset truckload, and logistic services. Saia LTL Freight operates 152 terminals in 38 states and is headquartered in Johns Creek, Georgia.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 46.96+ Weighted Alpha
- 22.34% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 18.27% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 65.54%
- Technical support level at 92.67
- Recently traded at 94.20 with a 50 day moving average of 81.12
- Market Cap $2.46 billion
- P/E 21.68
- Revenue expected to grow 7.40% this year and another 6.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 16.30% this year, an additional 12.70% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 15.19% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 strong buy, 1 buy, 2 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 106 to 13 that the stock will beat the market
- 1,596 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha