The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the homebulider PutleGroup (PHM). I found the stock using Barchart's powerful screening tools to find a list of the sock with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals. I sorted that list by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the carts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 8/29 the stock gained 3.38%.
PulteGroup, Inc. has grown into one of the largest and most successful homebuilding companies by delivering an outstanding home and buying experience. Through its brand portfolio that includes Centex, Pulte Homes, Del Webb, DiVosta Homes, and John Wieland Homes and Neighborhoods, the company is one of the industry's most versatile homebuilders able to meet the needs of multiple buyer groups and respond to changing consumer demand. The Company conducts extensive research to provide homebuyers with innovative solutions and consumer inspired homes and communities to make lives better. PulteGroup is the nation's sole multi-brand homebuilding company capable of serving homeowners during all phases of life through three distinct brands, which include Centex for first-time homebuyers; Pulte Homes for consumers in the move-up market; and Del Webb for active adults age 55 and better. The Company also have mortgage banking operations, conducted principally through Pulte Mortgage LLC (`Pulte Mortgage`).
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 38.47+ Weighted Alpha
- 30.07% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 38.47% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 63.21%
- Technical support level at 35.13
- Recently traded at 34.86 with a 50 day moving average of 32.97
- Market Cap $9.71 billion
- P/E 9.86
- Dividend yield 1.25%
- Revenue expected to grow 6.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 7.00% next year and continue to copound at an annual rate of 3.80% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 6 buy, 14 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 647 to 650 that the stock will not beat the market
- 14,298 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha