The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the industrial machinery company SPX Corp (SPXC). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New All-Time High list first by he most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/1 the stock gained 23.36%.
SPX Corporation (NYSE: SPXC) is, along with its subsidiaries, a diversified, global supplier of infrastructure equipment with scalable growth platforms in heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), detection and measurement, and engineered solutions. HVAC solutions offered include cooling towers, residential and commercial boilers and comfort heating products. The detection and measurement products encompass underground locators and inspection equipment, fare collection systems, communication technologies and specialty lighting. Within the engineered solutions platform, SPX Corporation is a leading manufacturer of medium and large electrical transformers, as well as cooling towers and heat exchangers for industrial applications. With operations in 15 countries and approximately $1.5 billion in annual revenue, SPX offers a wide array of highly engineered products with strong brands. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX Corporation employs approximately 5,000 people worldwide.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 31.70+ Weighted Alpha
- 19.19% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 11.02% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.45%
- Technical support level at 40.81
- Recently traded at 41.30 with a 50 day moving average of 36.46
- Market Cap $1.81 billion
- P/E 16.71
- Revenue expected to grow 4.90% this year and another 3.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 21.40% this year, an additional 8.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 15.62% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 buy and 2 hold recommendations on the stock
- Te individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 173 to 10 that the stock will beat the market
- 2,324 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha