The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the communications components company Communications Systems (JCS). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top 100 Stocks list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the chars for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 6/13 the stock gained 60.54%.
Communications Systems manufactures and markets connectors and wiring devices for voice, data and video communications under the ``Suttle`` brand name in the United States and internationally. The company also manufactures a line of high performance fiber-optic connectors, interconnect devices and fiber cable assemblies for the telecommunications, computer and electronics markets. The company has several manufacturing plants in the United States and abroad.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 97.89+ Weighted Alpha
- 50.61% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 29.71% gain in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.91%
- Technical support level at 4.82
- Recently traded at 4.93 with a 50 day moving average of 3.85
- Market Cap $46 million
- P/E 41.25
- Dividend yield 1.62%
- Not closely followed on Wall Street so there aren't revenue and earnings consensuses
- However one analysts rates it a strong buy
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 28 to 2 that the stock will beat the market
- 625 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha