The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the retail restaurant chain Denny's(DENN). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/2 the stock gained 13.55%.
Denny's Corp., formerly Advantica Restaurant Group, Inc., is one of the largest restaurant companies, operating moderately-priced restaurants: Denny's, Hardee's, Quincy's, El Pollo Loco, Coco's and Carrows. The company believes its restaurants benefit from the diversity of the restaurant concepts, the generally strong market positions and consumer recognition enjoyed by these chains, the benefits of a centralized support system for purchasing, menu development, human resources, management information systems, site selection, restaurant design and construction.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 61.20+ Weighted Alpha
- 56.93% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 6.68% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 64.10%
- Technical support level at 23.41
- Recently traded at 23.64 with a 50 day moving average of 22.02
- Market Cap $1.40 billion
- P/E 33.08
- Revenue expected to be down 13.40% this year and down again by 20.60% next year
- Earnings however are estimated to increase by 1.50% this year, an additional 15.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 16.0% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 1 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 414 to 38 that the stock will beat the market
- 3,408 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha