The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the electric utility Entergy (ETR). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tools to find stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals then sorted the list by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month. Then I used the Flipchart function to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 8/1 the stock gained 5.57%.
Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants of electric generating capacity, including nuclear power. Entergy delivers electricity to utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 37.62+ Weighted Alpha
- 35.03% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 8.69% gain in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 69.83%
- Technical support level at 112.25
- Recently traded at 113.03 with a 50 day moving average of 106.38
- Market Cap $22.47 billion
- P/E 17.17
- 3.22% dividend yield
- Revenue expected to grow 6.00% this year and another 2.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 5.10% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 7 strong buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 348 to 26 that the stock will beat the market
- 8,896 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha