The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the Mexican fast food retailer Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New All-Time High list first by the highest Weighted Alpha, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 6/11 the stock gained 16.18%.
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., is operates Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurants, which serve a focused menu of burritos, tacos, and burrito bowls (a burrito without the tortilla) and salads, made using fresh ingredients. Chipotle Mexican Grill focus on finding the highest quality ingredients can to make great tasting food; on building a strong people culture that is centered on providing an excellent guest experience; on building restaurants that are operationally efficient and aesthetically pleasing; and on doing all of this with the highest regard for the safety of customers and increasing awareness and respect for the environment. Chipotle elevate basic raw ingredients into food that's richer and more sophisticated through recipes and cooking techniques. Chipotle focus has always been on using the kinds of higher-quality ingredients and cooking techniques used in high-end restaurants to make great food accessible at reasonable prices.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 87.10+ Weighted Alpha
- 71.62% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 8 new highs and up 4.81% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 66.82%
- Technical support level 834.56
- Recently traded at 847.19 with a 50 day moving average of 776.99
- Market Cap $23.27 billion
- P/E 74.72
- Revenue expected to grow 12.70% this year and another 12.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 47.90% this year, an additional 29.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 33.29% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 4 buy, 21 hold and 5 sell recommendations on the stock
- 100,803 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha
Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, but may initiate a long position in CMG over the next 72 hours.