The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the water utility American States Water (AWR). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New All-Time High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/3 the stock gained 20.03%.
American States Water Company is the parent of Golden State Water Company and American States Utility Services, Inc. Through its utility subsidiary, Golden State Water Company, AWR provides water service to the customers in Northern, Coastal and Southern California. The Company also distributes electricity to the customers in the Big Bear recreational area of California. Through its contracted services subsidiary, American States Utility Services, Inc., the Company provides operations, maintenance and construction management services for water and wastewater systems located on military bases throughout the country.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 58.25+ Weighted Alpha
- 53.54% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 18.64% gain in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 86.26%
- Technical support level at 89.74
- Recently traded at 91.13 with a 50 day moving average of 79.26
- Market Cap $3.34 billion
- P/E 45.06
- Dividend yield 1.35%
- Revenue expected to grow 5.90% this year and another 2.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 20.90% this year, an additional 4.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual reat fo 6.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool are more bullish with a vote of 183 to 9 that the stock will beat the market
- 7,573 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha
Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, but may initiate a long position in AWR over the next 72 hours.