The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the communication REIT American Tower (AMT). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/23 the stock gained 4.21%.
American Tower Corporation, one of the largest global REITs, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of multitenant communications real estate. In addition to leasing space on towers, they provide customized collocation solutions through our in-building systems, outdoor distributed antenna systems and other right-of-way options, managed rooftops and services that speed network deployment. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, American Tower has offices across the United States and in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Mexico, Nigeria, Paraguay, Peru, South Africa and Uganda.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 24.87+ Weighted Alpha
- 19.00% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 20 new highs and up 9.19% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.55%
- Technical support level at 169.15
- Recently traded at 173.22 with a 50 day moving average of 162.91
- Market Cap $75.09 Billion
- P/E 23.97
- Dividend yield 2.00%
- Revenue expected to decrease 8.80% this year and another 4.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 17.60% this year but decrease by an annual compounded rate of 20.50% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 8 strong by and 7 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 1,338 to 83 that the stock will beat the market
- 32,396 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha