The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the retail restaurant company Shake Shak (NYSE:SHAK). I found the stock by using the very powerful screening tool on Barchart to find stock with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals, then sorted by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 6/7 the stock gained 51.14%.
Shake Shack Inc. is engaged in owning and operating restaurants. The company offers burgers, hot dogs, frozen custard, crinkle cut fries, beer and wine. It operates primarily in New York, New Jersey, Washington, D.C., Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Florida, Massachusetts, Virginia, Nevada, London, Istanbul and Dubai. Shake Shack Inc. is headquartered in New York.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 99.10+ Weighted Alpha
- 69.79% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 32.33% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.50%
- Technical support level at 91.74
- Recently traded at 96.57 with a 50 day moving average of 74.62
- Market Cap $3.58 billion
- P/E 133.51
- Revenue expected to grow 30.30% this year and another 25.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to decrease 9.90% this year but increase again by 20.30% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 6.51% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 8 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock
- The individual investor following the stock on Motley Fool slightly disagree and voted 90 to 111 that the stock will not beat the market
- 22,708 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha
Disclosure: I am/we are long SHAK.