The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the communication REIT Crown Castle International (CCI). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's 5G Sectorlist first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 6/3 the stock gained 2.18%.
5G, or "fifth generation", is a significantly faster cellular network technology that will become the new standard for mobile networks. 5G technology represents the possibility of significant advancement for companies involved in wireless and connective technology, telecommunications, infrastructure, autonomous vehicles, virtual payments, and cybersecurity. You can use Barchart's 5G stocks list to find investment opportunities and compare stocks involved in this cutting-edge technology.
Crown Castle International Corp. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT) that owns, operates and leases shared wireless infrastructure, including towers and small cell networks. The company's wireless infrastructure is geographically dispersed throughout the United States, including Puerto Rico. Crown Castle exited Australia following the May 2015 sale of its assets in that country.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signal
- 33.60+ Weighted Alpha
- 30.99% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 8.02% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 72.29%
- Technical support level at 132.99
- Recently traded at 134.11 with a 50 day moving average of 126.71
- Market Cap $55.95 billion
- P/E 23.66
- Dividend yield 3.41%
- Revenue expected to grow 6.60% this year an another 4.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 27.60% this year, an additional 10.50% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 19.15%
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy, 9 buy and 8 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 267 to 45 that the stock will beat the market
- 21,438 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha