The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the confectionery food company Hershey Foods (HSY). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New 52 Week High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a new buy signal on 2/11 the stock gained 22.11%.
The Hershey Company is a global confectionery leader known for bringing goodness to the world through its chocolate, sweets, mints and other great-tasting snacks. Hershey employees around the world who work every day to deliver delicious, quality products. The company has more than 80 brands around the world, including such iconic brand names as Hershey's, Reese's, Hershey's Kisses, Jolly Rancher, Ice Breakers and Brookside. Building on its core business, Hershey is expanding its portfolio to include a broader range of delicious snacks. At Hershey, goodness has always been about more than delicious products. Hershey has been committed to operating fairly, ethically and sustainably. Today, the company continues this social purpose through 'Nourishing Minds,' a global initiative that provides basic nutrition to help children learn and grow.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signal
- 48.00+ Weighted Alpha
- 47.37% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 8.88% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 74.72%
- Technical support level at 130.07
- Recently traded at 132.25 with a 50 day moving average of 121.71
- Market Cap $27.55 billion
- P/E 23.61
- Dividend yield 2.21%
- Revenue expected to grow 1.90% this year and another 1.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 6.50% this year, an additional 4.70% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 7.74% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 2 buy, 12 hold and 2 under perform recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 602 to 115 that the stock will beat the market
- 24,457 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha
Disclosure: I am/we are long HSY.