The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the drug development software company Simulations Plus (SLP). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/11 the stock gained 13.92%.
Simulations Plus, Inc., is a premier developer of groundbreaking drug discovery and development simulation software, which is licensed to and used in the conduct of drug research by major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies worldwide. They have two other businesses, Words+, Inc. and FutureLab, which are based on its proprietary software technologies.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signal
- 45.16+ Weighted Alpha
- 32.18% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 16.77% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 71.30%
- Technical support level at 24.73
- Recently traded at 25.53 with a 50 day moving average of 22.36
- Market Cap $439 million
- P/E 60.54
- Dividend yield .96%
- Revenue expected to grow 12.60% this year and another 13.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 4.80% this year, an additional 34.10% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 20.00% for the next 5 years
- A Wall Street analyst given the stock a strong buy recommendation
- 2,427 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha