The Barcart Chart of the Day belongs to the meat producer Tyson Foods(TSN). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/11 the stock gained 33.21%.
Tyson Foods, Inc. is the world's largest processor and marketer of chicken, beef, and pork, the second-largest food company in the Fortune 500 and a member of the S&P 500. The company produces a wide variety of protein-based food products, which are marketed under the `Powered by Tyson(TM)` strategy. Tyson is the recognized market leader in the retail and foodservice markets it serves, providing products and service to customers throughout the United States and more than 80 countries. Through its Core Values, Code of Conduct and Team Member Bill of Rights, Tyson strives to operate with integrity and trust and is committed to creating value for its shareholders, customers and Team Members. The company also strives to be faith-friendly, provide a safe work environment and serve as stewards of the animals, land and environment entrusted to it.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 25.17+ Weighted Alpha
- 15.95% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 9.72% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 78.73%
- Technical support level at 76.01
- Recently traded at 77.20 with a 50 day moving average of 69.21
- Market Cap $28.13 billion
- P/E 13.15
- Dividend yield 1.95%
- Revenue expected to grow 6.30% this year and another 4.0% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 6.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 3.30% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy, 7 buy and 5 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 361 to 76 that the stock will beat the market
- 17,428 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha