The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the energy based utility company Scana (SCG). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort its Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/30 the stock gained 17.34%.
SCANA Corporation is an energy-based holding company that has brought power and fuel to homes. SCANA is principally engaged, through subsidiaries, in regulated electric and natural gas utility operations and other non-regulated energy-related businesses.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 19.11+ Weighted Alpha
- 8.23% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 19.92% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.64%
- Technical support level at 46.50
- Recently traded at 47.83 with a 50 day moving average of 40.66
- Market Cap $6.74 billion
- P/E 14.01
- Dividend yield 1.05%
- Revenue expected to be down 6.50% this year but increase by 1.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to decrease 31.40% this year, an additional decrease or 6.60% again next year but increase and compound by an annual increase of 4.00% over the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool vited 128 to 12 that the stock will beat the market
- 7,284 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha